We're going to do a mailing to our customers this week (2000+) and I'm trying
to make sure our configuration, which is new, is set up appropriately.

The email is coming from outlook as a list of lists apparently so it'll show
up on the submission port as a large Bcc list.  Looks like I want to
temporarily increase smtpd_recipient_limit in master.cf

Is there a setting that controls how many emails postfix will attempt to
delivery in one connection?  I'd like to avoid submitting, for example, 50
emails to some mail server at the same time and having someone/something flip
out.

Additionally, I was thinking about setting smtp_recipient_limit to like 10-20
since we have a small number of email accounts.  Any downside to this - I was
specifically worrying about bounces from old customers using (dead) gmail
accounts.

Thanks for the advice.