Yes.
Its just a draft.

The problem I see is if you send the following (assuming the following MX setup:)
Example:
emailservice1.com MX smtp1.example.org
emailservice2.com MX smtp1.example.org

Example SMTP transaction:

220 smtp1.example.org SMTP server ready
EHLO senderdomain.com
250-senderdomain.com hello
250-SIZE 52428800
250-8BITMIME
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH
250 HELP
STARTTLS
(encrypted transaction follows)
MAIL FROM:<ad...@senderdomain.com>
250 Sender is okay
RCPT TO:<recipie...@emailservice1.com>
250 Recipient accepted
RCPT TO:<recipie...@emailservice2.com>
250 Recipient accepted
DATA
354 Send message data, end with a .
blah blah
.
250 Message queued for delivery
QUIT
250 Goodbye
Disconnected from host.

Which certificate should the server use for the encrypted transaction, even if we use SNI?
emailservice1.com or emailservice2.com?

So there is the problem, and why there is a need to use the MX identity to tie the certificate to the server. To protect against modified MX data, DNSSEC has to be used instead.

-----Ursprungligt meddelande----- From: Michael Ströder