Hi,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
> On 12/21/2015 11:38 AM, Alex wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a postfix-2.10 fedora22 system and having trouble with my
>> sender checks. I have a domain that is sending mail with an invalid
>> hostname. The temporary solution is to add a check_sender_access
>> entry, but I must be doing something wrong.
>>
>> Dec 21 12:30:16 mail02 postfix/smtpd[1560]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
>> mailout.example.com[64.123.123.200]: 450 4.1.8
>> <u...@invalid.example.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found;
>> from=<u...@invalid.example.com> to=<notificat...@mydomain.com>
>> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailout.example.com>
>>

> First, sending mail with an invalid envelope sender is a very bad idea.
>
> Much better to either fix the domain name or fix the sender.

Yes, absolutely. Understood. I've reiterated that to them.

>> I had previously had the following:
>>
>> *@invalid.example.com     OK
>
> For hash: access tables, the correct line is (assuming the default
> value of parent_domain_matches_subdomains):
>
> invalid.example.com  OK
>
> See the access table documentation, pattern search order section for
> details.
> http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

I've been confused by that man page in the past, but I'm not sure
that's the problem here. I actually had that in the file already, and
it just stopped working about a week ago. I just added the
sender_access file to smtpd_recipient_access and now it's working:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_checks,
        reject_non_fqdn_sender,
        reject_unlisted_recipient,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,

I can't imagine that's the right way to do it, but don't understand
why recipient_restrictions is consulted and generally why it's now
working with the same pattern.

Thanks,
Alex