On Jan 12, 2016, at 6:43 AM, francis picabia <fpica...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been using canonical_maps for over a decade
> without a hitch, but recently came across a situation
> where an account is referenced in both mapping files.
>
> canonical_maps =
> hash:/etc/postfix-internal/lowercase,hash:/etc/postfix-internal/genericstable

With other lookups, as soon as postfix gets a definitive result, it stops
looking for more results, so I suspect that is what is happening to you here.
If the is the case, concatenating the lookup tables wouldn’t help.

--
“The female of all species are most dangerous when they appear to retreat.”
   ― Don Marquis