I'm having a little bit of a problem with my configuration...  :)

I have followed all of the how-to docs on getting things set up, and
everything works fine when an Email client connects to my primary mail
server.  The postfix rules get triggered and the dspam filter gets
invoked.

The problem occurs when a "foreign" client uses my backup MX relay
machine.  The backup-MX machine is part of my own network, so it gets
included in the primary server's $mynetworks (via 'mynetworks_style =
subnet'). Unfortunately this seems to cause my

        smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
                                    check_client_access ...dspam...

to permit the message without triggering the dspam filter.

Is there a more appropriate way to trigger the dspam filter, so that
messages that are relayed by the backup MX server get filtered, BUT
messages that _originate_on_ the backup MX server are not filtered?

Stated another way, there are 3 classes of messages involved:

1. Messages that originate on either of the MX servers.
2. Messages that originate externally, and are initially sent to the
   backup-MX machine;  the backup-MX does the usual store-&-forward
   to get messages to the primary-MX machine.
3. Messages that originate externally and are sent directly to the
   primary-MX machine.

Class 1 should _not_ be processed by dspam, and currently behaving
        as desired
Class 2 _should_ be processed, but currently is not being processed
Class 3 _should_ be processed, and is currently behaving as desired.

Config details are available - just ask for them!

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |