Nathan Anderson:
> Hi all!
>
> I've built a server that conforms to tcp_table working correctly, but I've
> got a question regarding a transport_map tcp_table.  If the tcp service is
> unavailable is it possible to configure postfix to use the default
> transport, or will postfix always log an error and defer the emails?

As a general rule, Postfix lookup tables have no "on error" fall-back
feature (a response of "does not exist" is not an error). In your
case that means that the transport_maps feature will report that the
table is unavailable.

I suggest that you run the tcp_table service under some babysitter
that restarts a failing process like daemontools, init, or systemd.