As far as I know Google use STARTTLS on port 587 and not port 25. Have a look at https://www.clearos.com/resources/documentation/clearos/content:en_us:kb_howtos_smtp_authentication_to_isp to see how to set up relaying via STARTTLS.

A word of caution though. I believe Google rewrites the from header or reply-to header to the user name you use to authenticate. This means if you are sending for multiple users with different gmail accounts, you may need to investigate smtp_sender_dependent_authentication and sender_dependent_relayhost_maps.

Nick