Hello.

Tnx for the prompt answer.

I already have a bastion MTA and an internal mailhub, hosted on separate
VMs. I'm also preparing an additional VM that will handle only the
outgoing traffic, in order to apply specific headers filtering as we
discussed some time ago.

The issue I have is with the naming convention I'm using, as the VM
hosting the bastion MTA is in a specific virtual LAN, and is also used
as bastion for other exposed services. So I did want to use a generic
host name inside this DNS zone.

It seems that the simplest solution is to replicate in the public DNS
the internal name of the bastion host, pointing to an external address,
and change the MX record accordlying.

Tnx and have a nice day

Marco

Il 29. 02. 16 19:27, Wietse Venema ha scritto:
> Marco:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have a small security concern with my external SMTP server:
>>
>>> 220 mail.marcobaldo.ch ESMTP
>> <ehlo localhost
>>> 250-iprovider.dmz.marcobaldo.ch
>>> 250-PIPELINING