On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 02:53:41PM -0700, jaso...@mail-central.com wrote:
> How would I match/block access to mail sent from MTAs that have
> FQDNs that start with
>
>     mta-wk-*
>
> it's not a header, it's not content, it's not an IP ...

It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's ... a FCrDNS hostname!

> but, it's clearly logged in my postfix logs
>
>       postfix.log:Mar 24 13:00:42 mail2 postfix/int01/smtpd[20932]:
>       connect from mta-wk-1.mk1.ratineer.com[82.196.0.148]

See:

postconf.5.html#check_client_access
access.5.html
pcre_table.5.html (regexp_table(5) is another possibility)
SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html

All of the above can be found at www.postfix.org or in your own
$html_directory.

Example:

/etc/postfix/banned_hostname.pcre :
/^mta-wk/       REJECT ratineer role call!

main.cf :

[ ... ]
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = [ ... ] reject_unauth_destination,
        check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/banned_hostname.pcre
        [ ... ]
[ ... ]

> My goal is to block ALL mail from this list of MTAs
>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/news.admin.net-abuse.email/_6DLJB8fF9k/ZGBwTTsFBQAJ
>
> DNSBLs get many of them, but they apparently change IP addresses,
> and sneak through on occasion.

And this approach won't work very long.  Once they know they're being
blocked by that hostname pattern, they will morph.

> All seem to be hosted by/at SYNAPP.IO

If you can get a list of IP addresses (CIDR blocks), you can use a
cidr_table(5) lookup to block them more safely and surely (until they
buy/steal different hosting, of course.)
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/