In message <20160409210245.gs26...@mournblade.imrryr.org>
Viktor Dukhovni writes:

> On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 08:46:54AM -0700, jaso...@mail-central.com wrote:
>
> > I'm setting up mandatory TLS policy for a couple of private client
> >  servers, using
> >
> > -   smtpd_tls_security_level = may
> > +   smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt
> >
> > I started wondering whether it wouldn't be a bad thing to require
> > ALL email delivered to my server, from anywhere, to use TLS.
>
> Your server, your rules, but be prepared to refuse a lot of legitimate
> email.

A review of maillogs would tell you how much would get tossed.

I've been doing some work with automated parse of logs.  If I look at
that (including TLS mail rejected by postscreen vs in-the-clear mail
rejected by postscreen) I'll let you know.

>     https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/saferemail/
>     https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-irtfopen-1.pdf
>
> https://www.elie.net/publication/neither-snow-nor-rain-nor-mitm-an-empirical-analysis-of-email-delivery-security
>
> --
>       Viktor.

Thanks for the links.  I emailed one of the authors asking why so
little was said about DNSSEC and nothing at all about DANE.

Curtis