When this question first arrived, I mediated on why would anyone even bother to
set up a RBL these days, as if there aren't enough players. Some do charge for
the service if you are a large volume user, but to charge you do need a track
record to prove your worth. RBL seems like a not so profitable place for a
start up.

Now a RBL does get a stream of meta data. To some degree, they know who is
emailing to who. If you are the only user of a domain, the meta data is
focused. I suppose that data could be sold.

That was the limit of my "deep thinking" (cough cough).

Regarding Digital Ocean, I'm on their VPS. I catch very sporadic ‎hacking from
their clients, like one every one or two months. Being a client, I report the
incidents. But unless you are on a one month free trial account, sending spam
or hacking from a VPS seems like a bad idea since your IP is unique. On a
hosting company, your IP is mixed with all their clients. You get lost in the
noise.

One of the reasons I set up a VPS was to specifically not get tarred with
spammers on a hosting company.

I'm not so sure Names Cheap implies a shady business these days. Old school
registrars like Verisign have become like Go Daddy, so there is no premium
neighborhood as far as I know.