On 13-04-16 01:54, li...@lazygranch.com wrote:
> Google sent me a "fail" on my DMARC.  Everyone else seems happy. It
> turns out much like Google not accepting robots.txt for some search
> engines controls, they expect special fields in their DNS.
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6227174‎

This page describes use of google's feedback loop. This has nothing to
do with spf, dkim and dmarc. It just gives you more insight into your
delivery results. Most large mailers have such a service, and they all
are specific to that party.

The additional dns records are used to verify that they give access to
the feedback loop to someone that actually owns the domain (or at least,
can add dns entries).

> Why? Because we're Google and we can.

You misunderstood.

Regards,