On 04/15/2016 05:42 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
On 4/15/2016 4:02 PM, Michael D. Sofka wrote:
I would like to be able to reject the empty envelope-sender, <>, for
authenticated email to our submission and smtps ports.  That is, I
want to stop:

235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
mail from:<>
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to:<some...@someplace-not-us.com>
250 2.1.5 Ok

It's pretty easy to block the null sender on port 587, and I don't
think that's an unreasonable request.  I'll hope/assume you don't
allow AUTH on port 25 since that complicates this.

SMTP-AUTH is allowed on port 25, but it is only available on these servers on-campus, and restricted to a few, known, server. So this restriction meets our needs.

All you need to do is add a check_sender_access map to the master.cf
submission service. Simple (incomplete?) example:

# main.cf
submission_sender_checks =
    check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/reject_null_sender

# master.cf
#  existing submission entry
submission ... smtpd
   ... other options ...
#  add sender restrictions
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$submission_sender_checks

# reject_null_sender
<>  REJECT null sender not allowed

And that works!  Thank you!!

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka               sof...@rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, TeX, Epistemology