On 2016-05-14 19:37, Noah wrote:
Hi there,

I am hoping to have a blacklist file that stops postfix from accepting
email from specific IP or IP ranges.

I follow this tutorial and it does not working.  I still receive email
from the IP addresses in the range:

http://www.linuxlasse.net/linux/howtos/Blacklist_and_Whitelist_with_Postfix

Is there an option out there that actually works?

From my main.cf:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                             permit_mynetworks,
                             permit_sasl_authenticated,
                             reject_unauth_destination,
                             check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix/client_checks,
                             check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023

www-virt 17:34:12 /var/log $ cat /etc/postfix/client_checks
# Restricts which clients this system accepts SMTP connections from.

example.com               REJECT No spammers
.example.com              REJECT No spammers, from your subdomain
138.185.116.0/24          REJECT

This looks correct.
You did postmap the client_checks file? You did a postfix reload?
Provide logs that show it's used / not working and the postconf -n output
How did you check it's working/not working?

Cheers,

Noah

--
 Christian Kivalo