From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org]
On Behalf Of Wietse Venema
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 3:01 PM
To: Postfix users <postfix-users@postfix.org>
Subject: Re: Exclude a sub domain from LDAP?

Gomes, Rich:
> I am calling the LDAP config this way in my main.cf file
>
> relay_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipients.cf,
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_groups_recipients.cf
>
> recipients file looks something like this:
>
> # Directory settings
> domain = mycompany.com, sales.mycompany.com, someotherdomain.com,
> yetanotherdomain.com server_host = internalldaphost.mycompany.com
> search_base = dc=ldapdomain, dc=mycompany, dc=com version = 3
>
> So idaho.sales.mycompany.com is not listed in the search, but any mail
> routed there gets LDAP verified and therefore dropped since the
> addresses are not vlaid in LDAP. (but they are on the application
> server it is being routed to)

If you want to disable recipient validation for idaho.sales.mycompany.com, you
will need a wild-card match.

Postfix 3.0 and later:

    relay_recipient_maps =
        inline:{@idaho.sales.mycompany.com=whatever}
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipients.cf
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_groups_recipients.cf

Postfix 2.11 and earlier:

    relay_recipient_maps =
        hash:/etc/postfix/wildcard_relay_recipients
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipients.cf
        ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_groups_recipients.cf

    /etc/postfix/wildcard_relay_recipients:
        @idaho.sales.mycompany.com      whatever

So it turns out the problem is not caused by the use of LDAP.