I going in circels with a problem I have with postfix/dovecot.
I have a setup for two virtual_mailbox_domains on my postfix.

domain1.com
x.domain1.com

both domains are delivered by postfix to users maildir which is accessed
via dovecot
Which user to what maildir is definend in.
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmaps

The second (sub)domain has not fixed user assignment. The users must
match an regex defined as well in
virtual_mailbox_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/vmaps-regex

This works quite fine.
But now I would like to use sieve with dovecot.

Therefore I would have to enable
#virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp

If I do so - the mails for the sub domain x.domain1.com which has
"dynamic users" based on a pattern is rejected by dovecot

[private/dovecot-lmtp] said: 550 5.1.1 <test.d...@x.domain1.com> User doesn't
exist: test.d...@x.domain1.com (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The question is now - how can I set this up that i can define
dovcot-lmtp to enable sieve and stick to my dynamic users.

It would maybe solve my probelm if I could enable the virtual_transport
only for domain1.com not x.domain1.com.
But this configuration I did in transports fails.

Can someone give me a hint how to get this fixed ?

best regards

Dirk