On 6/15/2016 2:44 PM, Bob Lydiate wrote:
> I installed postfix server on Ubuntu 16.04 using a youtube video
> from 'randomthoughts'. All of the testing and everything worked just
> fine, still does. When I try to use Outlook to connect to my email
> account on my server, I get nothing. Outlook says it was rejected,
> the logs on the server do not even reflect that a connection was
> attempted. I have checked /var/logs/syslog, /var/logs/mail.log,
> /var/logs/mail.err, /var/logs/auth.log. I have rechecked my setup
> step by step and still cannot connect. This does not only happen
> through Outlook, but through Thunderbird which is actually on the
> server. After several days of this, I am at a total loss, and have
> no idea where to look next. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Robert Lydiate

Here's a good place to start:
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

If you need more help, please see:
Be prepared to share:
- 'postconf -n' output
- any modifications you've made to master.cf
- what tests you've performed that seem to work
- what tests you've performed that seem to fail
- what happened when something didn't work the way you expected

Note: do NOT turn on debug logging in postfix.  Everything you need
is in the normal logging and will get lost in the flood of unrelated
information.

  -- Noel Jones