On 07/01/2016 01:19 PM, Michael Fox wrote:
I’m confused about how the reject_sender_login_mismatch restriction works.

I can understand the value of this mapping if you want to allow a given
SASL login to use multiple MAIL FROM addresses.  But is there a way to
require that the MAIL FROM address must match the SASL logged in
address, whatever that address may be, without having to explicitly list
each and every address?

Specify, for example:

smtpd_sender_login_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders,
                          pcre:/etc/postfix/sasl_default_senders

Where the contents of sasl_default_senders is, for example:

root# cat sasl_default_senders
/^(.*)@domain$/ $1

Which restricts user@domain to the login "user".

The contents of sasl_senders would be for those cases that do not match the regular expression.

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka               sof...@rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, TeX, Epistemology