On 7/6/2016 11:10 AM, [email protected] wrote:
@Norton Allen

Thanks for that info. I thought it would do it. And, I was happy to hear that someone else has actually got it working :-)

I have this now in main.cf

alias_maps=
 hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database=
 hash:/etc/aliases

All I have in the aliases file now is the majordomo aliases and pipe.

majordomo:"| /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo"
owner-majordomo:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
majordomo-=owner:owner-majordomo
#lists


Nothing active in master.cf and nothing else related active in main.cf

A test mesage
echo ‘lists’ | mail owner-majordomo simply bounces right back - ignoring the aliases file. as does to just majordomo



<[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> (expanded from <owner-majordomo>): mail for zeus.quantum-radio.net <http://zeus.quantum-radio.net> loops back to myself
Reporting-MTA: dns; zeus.quantum-radio.net <http://zeus.quantum-radio.net>
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3A8C837F885F
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
Arrival-Date: Wed,  6 Jul 2016 16:04:28 +0100 (BST)


So really - Short of putting the postconf - n output up, Which is very long - I’m stumped.

The aliases file is being ignored it seems. still.
Thanks though,
cheers
Robert



It looks like you need to properly configure myhostname and/or mydestination in main.cf. Postfix does not recognize that it is supposed to handle mail for both quantum-radio.net and zeus.quantum-radio.net using the local transport.

Also you don't mention how [email protected] is aliased.

Reply via email to