On 13/07/16 15:38, Michael Fox wrote:
> Thanks.  But again, the question is *NOT* about the terminology or the
> general meaning or definition of the categories.  The question is
> specifically asking which authentication mechanisms Postfix places in those
> categories.

I think the actual security features list is dependant on the SASL
implementation, and which mechs satisfy each security feature is defined
in cyrus and dovecot sasl.  I'm not certain but I think taht postfix
simply passes the list of security options you specify directly to the
SASL implementation and it selects the mechs based on that.

The short answer is, ask cyrus or dovecot.

Peter