You're thinking of smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions, but there still
your idea has a problem: smtpd is not examining the DATA, but merely
passing it along to cleanup(8).  The cleanup service is where the
only native Postfix content checking (header and body checks, see the
header_checks(5) manual and BUILTIN_FILTER_README) is done.
Yes, I ment something like xxx_end_of_data_restrictions. As I´m not sooo familiar with the code, an idea must not be understood as a proposal for a "nearly perfect" solution/implementation. Taking under attention that the cleanup daemon already has the capabilities to perform header_checks... I think it will be an interesting experience to write a patch ;)
Your idea would bloat smtpd, and while not running as a separate
process, it certainly would cause more overhead.
That´s an argument!