Wietse Venema:
> Jason Lancaster:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to map senders with different sending reputation
> > to specific destination ports (that will eventually be mapped to
> > different sending IPs by the firewall) without hardcoding the nexthop.
> >
> > sender_dependent_default_transport_maps are working great for setting
> > the transport but I haven't been able to figure out how to go from
> > there to specifying destination port per transport in master.cf.
>
> You can override things with transport:domain:port and domain:port,
> but there is nothing to override a destination port without domain.
> And that is simply because such code has not been written yet.
>
> Possible avenues: allow transport::port and :port,

A domain-less next-hop destination (:port) would break the scheduler,
which schedules deliveries by the next-hop destination. Note that
the scheduler does not know about host:port syntax, nor does it
know which delivery agents support that syntax.

> or create the 'smtp' equivalent of lmtp_tcp_port.

This would take a very small amount of code, because the functionality
for setting the destination port already exists for LMTP. It would
require changes to the SMTP client loop detection code, which is
disabled for destination ports other than SMTP.