Andrea Cappelli:

> > Hi All,
> > I have a postfix 2.9.6 setup on Ubuntu 12.04 which serve a bounch of local
> > mailbox and act as mail gateway with a tcp transport
> >
> > I want to use some external authenticated MTA based on sendere domain, so
>
> Ok, I think I found my problem, my TCP service is called each time and
> always return a nexthop, so the sender based mechanism in postfix is never
> in action
>
> Can someone please exaplain the order of lookup in transport(5)

    $ man 5 postconf | less '+/sender_dependent_default_transport_maps'
    This information is overruled with the transport(5) table.

transport_maps has precedence over sender_dependent_default_transport_maps
because transport_maps also has precedence over default_transport.

If you use sender-dependent routing, you can't use transport_maps.
You can still use default_transport, relay_transport, local_transport
and virtual_transport, for routing domains.