On 8/31/2016 5:32 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:19:54 -0500
> Noel Jones wrote:
>
>> Sounds as if smtp_generic_maps may be a better fit for this than
>> canonical maps.
>> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#generic
>
> I tried generic maps first, but that not only changed
> the sender address, but the To: address as well, so I
> could only send mail to myself (maybe I didn't
> read enough to configure it correctly :-).

If you use a "*" wildcard to blindly rewrite everything, that's what
will happen.

You must limit the scope of the rewriting.  The examples in the link
above showed how to do this.

Something like:
@mydomain.local   externalu...@example.com

If you have multiple local fantasy domains, each one needs to be
listed; just add more lines.  No need to list the individual users.

  -- Noel Jones