On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 02:33:47PM +0200, Antoine Nguyen wrote:

> >>I've enabled queries logging. Here is the result :
> >>
> >>160914  8:24:14       57 Query    SELECT name FROM admin_domain WHERE
> >>name='gaël.com' AND type='domain' AND enabled=1
> >>160914  8:24:31       60 Connect    modoboa@localhost as anonymous on
> >>modoboa
> >>                       60 Query    SELECT name FROM admin_domain WHERE
> >> name='gaël.com' AND type='domain' AND enabled=1
> >>                       60 Quit
> >>
> >>The first query was executed using mysql shell and it returns 1 row. The
> >>second query was executed by postmap and returns nothing whereas we can see
> >>they are the same...
> >Do post the "Connect" string for *both* queries.
> >
> Here is the missing line :
>
> 160914  8:23:57    57 Connect   root@localhost as anonymous on modoboa
>
> I indeed tried with root but result is the same if I use modoboa user with
> mysql shell: it works.

Please post a single message with two complete traces in which:

   * The Unix login users executing "postmap -q" and using the
     MySQL shell are the same.  (That is the same unix shell spawns
     both "postmap -q" and the MySQL interactive session).

   * The target MySQL database name and database user are clearly
     identified in both cases.

   * The queries and results are reported in detail.

Please look for any client-side configuration files that might be
loaded by the MySQL interactive shell that may affect connection
settings, such as perhaps the client character set.

--
        Viktor.