From: Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:26 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: PostFix as a "/dev/null" MTA?

Folks,

I've done some searching of the list archives and the web, but I can't lay
hands on an answer to this question:

- is there a way, ideally documented in a HOWTO or guide, to configure
PostFix such that:

- it will accept any mail (think "open relay", but...);
- it will *never* attempt to forward that mail;
- it will *never* generate e-mail: no sent mail, no return receipts,
no bounces, nothing?

The application we have in mind is a "Phish Phillet" engine, that would
accept any mail sent to it, save the message locally, and process it using
a home-grown set of analysis tools - DNS and whois queries, reputational
databases, etc. - to rate messages and accumulate statistics about
bad-actor mail senders and phishing sites.

Thanks!
--
Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
Cornell University IT Security Office