Hello,

I have a big problem, someone is using my mailserver for sending spam. I
see it in de logs. I can block the IP but then they use other IP's.

So far I know my server is up-to-date and correct configured. And when I
do some open relay tests, everything is OK. Like this ones:
http://www.mailradar.com/openrelay/
http://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx

The name of my mailserver is mail.vandervlis.nl, so far I see the
spammers are using port 587. Please feel free to do tests.

What I see in the logs and in the headers of the spam is that they are
using authentication. But the username is not correct. On my server I
use usernames like "john", and this username lookslike an e-mail
address, so with an "@" in it. The part before the @ is a correct
username on my server, but when I change the password it does not help.
All spam is recognizeble by this authenticated username.

In the headers I see this as the first "received" (I've changed the
authenticated sender for privacy):
----
        (Authenticated sender: p...@puk.nl)
        by mail.vandervlis.nl (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 774B23E0285;
        Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:57:14 +0200 (CEST)
----
As would my server sent it to my server...

Does somebody have a clou here?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

Some settings and logs:

smtpd_relay_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks,
  permit_sasl_authenticated,
  check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist,
  reject_invalid_hostname,
  reject_non_fqdn_sender,
  reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
  reject_unknown_sender_domain,
  reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
  reject_unauth_pipelining,
  reject_unauth_destination,
  check_policy_service unix:private/shadelist,
  reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
  reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
  reject_rbl_client ix.dnsbl.manitu.net,
  permit

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/tls/*.vandervlis.nl.pem
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = $mynetworks
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes

Oct 21 16:54:31 sigmund postfix/smtpd[2158]: D34743E027B:
client=unknown[94.26.41.188], sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=p...@puk.nl

https://www.vandervlis.nl/

https://www.vandervlis.nl/