Aban Dokht:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching for a hint, how to move deferred mails to another SMTP
> server after an adjustable time, e.g. after 4 hours.
>
> I've already found the fallback_relay setting, but this will move
> deferred mails immediately after the first failed delivery attempt.

If you want to get mail out quickly, smtp_fallback_relay is a better
solution than letting email sit in the queue for 4 hours.

High-volume deliveries require short SMTP timeouts (10-20 seconds
at most), while problematic destinations require much longer timeouts.
The the two are incompatible with each other.