On 2016.11.28 06.53, mailing lists wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am configurating envelope sender address authorization using ldap
> tables with Active Directory which has two possible attributes to
> authenticate users, the legacy and short name "samaccountname" and
> the long name "userprincipalname", so that I am trying is permit
> authenticate with both identities and authorize as sender address
> the long name.
>
> The ldap tables work as expected by separate, they resolve the
> envelope address to the sasl identity, but making them work
> simultaneously is failing because the result from the first table
> seems an absolute answer and postfix ignores the second one.
>
> Does anyone know if there is any way to make the second check if the
> first check fails to find anything?

the first check didn't fail to find anything.  see below.

> # grep smtpd_sender_login_maps main.cf smtpd_sender_login_maps =
> ldap:/etc/postfix/check_login_sender_mail.cf,
> ldap:/etc/postfix/check_login_sender_sam.cf

do this instead:  postconf smtpd_sender_login_maps [intentions may
sometimes differ from reality ;) ]

from the postfix docs: "Tables will be searched in the specified order
until a match is found".  in this case, a match is found [(mail=%s)], so
searching stops, and the configured attribute is returned.

from ldap_table(5): "result_attribute (default: maildrop). The
attribute(s)  Postfix  will read from any directory entries. returned by
the lookup[...]

instead, combine the two maps:

result_attribute = samaccountname, userprincipalname