This is a low priority question.

First off: thank you for postfix, it's wonderful.  Its common-sense
spam-stopping capabilities are serious overkill for my very modest needs but,
boy, is that overkill ever nice to have.

I guess my basic question here is "does check_helo_access, or check_helo_a_access,
play nicely with cidr:table's when the helo/ehlo command presents an address
literal?"

My cidr table includes:

[127.0.0.0/8] REJECT
[192.168.0.0/16] REJECT

plus the other usual suspects.  (Originally, I didn't have the square brackets
so I added but that didn't seem to make any difference.)

Using this first with check_helo_access and then, separately, with
check_helo_a_access reliably catches:

helo=<192.168.0.132>

but never:

helo=<[127.0.0.1]>

FYI: I *do* have "smtpd_helo_required = yes", and the various other helo checks
(e.g., reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname and reject_invalid_helo_hostname) do work reliably.

So, my experience is that check_helo(_a)?_access against this cidr table works
with non-address-literals but not with address literals.

Am I trying to do something unsupported?

Or am I going about it the wrong way?

Also FYI: any spam that gets by this does reliably get stopped by some further part of
the config so this is definitely *not* a case of "postfix is broken!"

Comments?  Complaints?  Screams of pain?

Thanks.

 - James