On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 04:05:25PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 12:45:44PM -0300, Nick wrote:
>
> > I have just tried adding multiple symlinks, restarted postfix and saslauthd
> > but the same error persists,
>
> Time to configure "debug_peer_list" to include the IP address of
> the client that is triggering the errors.  More may become apparent
> from verbose logs.  Be aware that the client may send base64-encoded
> plaintext passwords to the server.  Excise any password-bearing
> base64 payload from any logs you post.  Since the passwords end up
> in syslog output files, you may want to change any password used
> after you get this working.

Also, you seem to be trying to use "rimap".  If your IMAP server
is dovecot, it is much simpler to use the dovecot SASL backend
instead.

Indeed you may in fact be configured to use Dovecot, since I
don't see:

    smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus

in your "postconf -n" output.  That could explain why the Cyrus
smtpd.conf is not used...

--
        Viktor.