> On Feb 10, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Gomes, Rich <gomes-r...@aramark.com> wrote:
>
> domain = first.com, second.com, third.com, fourth.com, fifth.com, sixth.com
> server_host = pool.internal.domain.com
> search_base = dc=internal, dc=domain, dc=com
> version = 3
>
> # Filter
> query_filter = (&(objectclass=person)(proxyAddresses=smtp:%s))
> leaf_result_attribute = proxyAddresses

The query filter looks fine.  So query performance should fine,
provided you use "proxy:ldap:..." instead of "ldap:..." some
servers don't like having thousands of connections and using
"proxy:" pools requests from multiple smtpd(8) servers over
a single connection in proxyread(8).

Separately, your result attribute is odd.  I know of no Postfix
table that expects multiple "smtp:<address>" address values.
Also you're not using any "speciail_result_attribute" fiels,
so "leaf_result_attribute" should just be "result_attribute".
For object existence use:

        query_filter = (&(proxyAddresses=smtp:%s)(objectclass=person))
        result_attribute = mail

--
        Viktor.