On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 07:13:33PM -0500, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> > On Feb 28, 2017, at 7:05 PM, Voytek <li...@sbt.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > dig -t MX surfacetreatment.be
> >
> > ; <<>> DiG 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.47.rc1.el6_8.4 <<>> -t MX
> > surfacetreatment.be
> > ;; global options: +cmd
> > ;; Got answer:
> > ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 25122
                                           ^^^^^^^^

> The problem may be on your end.  The report from dnsviz.net also shows
> no problems (ignore the errors for a non-responding root namerver):
>
> http://dnsviz.net/d/surfacetreatment.be/dnssec/

When I look, I see problems in dnsviz regarding DNSSEC.  The root key
is in the middle of a roll, and I wonder whether there might be a
problem resulting from that.  If the resolver is validating and can't
prove the insecure delegation, it might return SERVFAIL.  (But I agree
I can see the records there.)  The SERVFAIL could also be a broken
recursive or a cache failure of some kind.

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com