> On Mar 6, 2017, at 11:27 AM, chaouche yacine <yacinechaou...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> You likely have most of the entries in master.cf chrooted,
>
>> and no log socket in chroot jail ($queue_directory/dev/log or similar).
>
> I have no smtpd line in my master.cf file, and since my postfix version is
> 2.X the default is to run chrooted. My queue_directory is /var/spool/postfix

Of course you do.  You're just not looking in the correct column.

Disable chroot for all master.cf entries and make sure that logging
works in that configuration.  Once that works, you can if you wish
tackle making logging work with chroot, but that's for experts, and
you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

--
        Viktor.