On 03/07/2017 02:43 PM, Peter wrote:
On 08/03/17 08:00, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
After a bit of reflection, I may have asked the wrong question. Perhaps
a better question is does the substitution take place on processing the
option?
It would take place at runtime (I believe).  If you want it to hard-code
the substitution into main.cf you could do something like this:

postconf "smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/private/$(postconf -h
myhostname).key"

Oh, that is very interesting! Took me a bit looking at it to get what you did, but very nice.

In this case I will keep it 'soft' so if I were to change my host name and my cert file, I would only have to make the change in one place.

thanks