I seem to have things running, now I am cleaning up my test setup before building the new production server.

I perhaps got a little too fancy on modifying master.cf. After I worked out other packages like dovecot and roundcubemail, I started rethinking how I alter master.cf for my needs. It comes down to a couple questions:

I am working on the basis that this file is processed sequentially. Thus if the file has:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=

the 2nd submission with its option is what is enforce. But what if the case changes an option or leaves out an option. For example purposes:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
        -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=

In this case smtpd_recipient_restrictions is now null, but what is the state of smtpd_tls_security_level? back to default?

thanks