This may not be a Postfix problem, but bearing in mind the recent events this forum may have some good ideas.

After the recent rasomeware attacks we are considering the idea of blocking all attachments. I am not sure of the best way of doing this, but several ideas have been put forward:

1. block all email with attachments - a little too drastic for some as
   there are legit reasons for attachments.
   block all email that is in any format that can hide executable code.
2. rename attachments so that they will not/cannot be executed/run by
   just opening them.
3. only allow email with attachments from a preauthorized list of
   senders. I am not sure that this would be effective as sender
   addresses are (i believe) easily spoofed.
4. email with attachments are diverted to a recipient for examination.
   If cleared they could then be forwarded to the original addressee.
   At lot of work for someone.
5. a variation on 2. sender has to asks the recipient for permission to
   send attachment. Recipient then adds sender to list, recipient will
   be automagically removed from list after a period of time.

I am not keen on any of these. But as I have to come up with a recommendation I think I would go with 1. If you want to send us something then put it in "drop box" and tell us about it. My second choice would be 5 + 2.

Another idea is to attachments are diverted and held for a period. After which they would be automatically be sent on as "normal". If there is something going on then the automatic forwarding would be suspended.

Are any of these do-able and if so where can I find suggestions on how to implement.

JohnA