Thanks Viktor.

I try not to mess with my configuration too much, working on the principal is it ain't broke don't fix it.

John A

On 5/26/17 9:44 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
On May 26, 2017, at 9:40 PM, John <j...@klam.ca> wrote:

I currently use "smtp_tls_security_level = dane"  but recent discussion have
made me wonder if I should change that. Maybe encrypt.
These address entirely different use-cases.  So no.

Use "encrypt" when all mail goes to a single relayhost with no way
to authenticate that relayhost.

Use "dane" when delivering "direct to MX", that is, wherever the
MX records of various domains might point.

---