On 2017-06-23 17:11, wie...@porcupine.org wrote:
Daniel Miller:
I had a couple of accounts with too simple passwords hacked. And obviously
my mail server is entirely too efficient - I think about 50k spams got
blasted out before I caught it (because we got in the DNSBL's).

Separate from improving the password security - what can I do to limit the damage a compromised account can cause? Without receiving user complaints about not being able to send the latest cute kitty pictures to their whole
addressbook?

Are there per-sender limits that can/should be applied? And is there a way I can be notified of a suspicious condition - without manually monitoring
the queue?

Search for "postfix policy rate limit"

        Wietse

The bulk of the results I receive from that refer to external policy daemons. ASSP can probably handle that (I'm looking) but I was hoping for something more Postfix-specific. I did come across references to some parameters I haven't used before - including

smtpd_client_connection_count_limit
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit

which I have presently set to 5 - haven't done any testing to see if that will have any impact.

If there's another reference I should consult please tell me.

---
Daniel