robg...@nospammail.net:
> Hello,
>
> I am starting to setup a Postfix server for our office.
>
> I'm looking at TLS policy.
>
> Reading old posts on the Postfix mailing lists there's lots of
> comments that REQUIRING tls should never be done on an public
> internet-facing server.
>
> But those comments are from 5-7 yrs ago.
>
> Is that still the case?

Your server, your rules...

> On a friend's server we just checked 3 months of logs.  IIUC there's
> been no non-TLS connections at all in that time:
>
> grep -i "connection established" postfix*.log | wc -l
>     125217
>
> grep -i "connection established" postfix*.log  | grep -v TLS | wc
> -l
>      0
>
> First, is that a legitimate way to check?

No, because "connection established" is logged only for TLS
connections.  You'd also have to count the lines with "connect from"
which covers both TLS and non-TLS.

On my tiny server, only 4.6% of all inbound connections in June
2017 used TLS (a negligible portion of the "connection established"
lines were from tlsproxy).

And that is only for the 4.9% of connections that weren't blocked
by postscreen (25% of all unique clients).

If I were to block non-TLS email, I would miss a lot of email.