>  My small office client upgraded his internet connection and I've updated the
self hosted postfix configuration file with the new IP address.

> Soon after, email users began complaining about bounces they started
receiving for some emails they sent.

On aug. 9, 2017 at 3:08 p.m.,  <Dominic Raferd
(mailto:domi...@timedicer.co.uk)>  wrote:
Just checking, is the new ip dynamic? Dynamic ips are blacklisted by many rbls
automatically (and requests for exceptions will be ignored), so in this case
you must use a relayhost.

On 09.08.17 17:00, Mai Ling wrote:
no, it's statically configured

you need proper FcRDNS - ask your new ISP to configure reverse DNS pointing
to something that already points to your new IP (your mail server name
probably)

He who laughs last thinks slowest.