On 23/08/17 00:15, Alef Veld wrote:
Does anyone know how to setup postfix in such a way so that clients can "auto
configure" (you just fill in the email address and password and it guesses the
settings)

I apologise if this is not a postfix thing perse.
This is not a postfix thing at all. Moreover, this is more than one thing. For Outlook you've got autodiscover <https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124251%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx>, for Thunderbird it is autoconfig <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Thunderbird/Autoconfiguration>, and for iOS like your iPhone the best thing I could find is .mobileconfig file <https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/iPhoneOTAConfiguration/Introduction/Introduction.html>. Some popular programs (e.g. K-9 Mail) do not have any kind of autoconfiguration for general case at all. In many cases users would still have to manually fix things like their preferred email alias and special folder names. Overally it's a mess which does not worth it if the number of users is small.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili