On 23 August 2017 at 07:11, sreeranj s <sreeranj4dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to change smtp_helo_name in our email server(postfix 2.6.6) to
> match with the one in mx record.
>
> I have specified the value as the one given below in main.cf, and
> reloaded the postfix. However telnet still shows the hostname as helo name.
> I could change the smtp_banner, but not smtp_helo_name.
>
> smtp_helo_name = mx.mydomain.com

​smtp_helo_name is used for outgoing connections i.e. when postfix sends
email (smtp != smtpd).
smtpd_banner is for how postfix responds to an incoming connection.​

Why not:
myhostname​ = mx.mydomain.com
This is used by default in both smtp_helo_name and smtpd_banner.

​BTW, postfix 2.6.6 is seriously old...​