On 8/29/2017 3:58 AM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Postfix 2.7.1 for some years now on our systems, built
> around our XStreamOS / illumos distro.
>
> I'm considering to upgrade Postfix to a more recent version.
> What is the best upgrade path I should choose?
> Should I really consider to upgrade directly to latest (3.2.2) or
> maybe start by upgrading to 2.11.x?
> What is my best option, keeping all my current configuration files
> untouched as a start?

The canonical answer is to read the docs.  ;)

It should be safe to upgrade directly to the latest version. Using
the latest version will give you the best support and all the
current features. Postfix goes to great lengths to not break
existing installations when you upgrade, but you should read *all*
the release notes to see if any of the special cases apply to you.

  -- Noel Jones