Hi friends,
on a Debian Jessie and Postfix 2.11.x,

where DNS configuration seem fine, infact if I shutdonwn the primary email server, the correspondence is delivered to the second correctly.
where SERVER1 is "the.backed-up.domain.tld"
where SERVER2 is "the backup MX)

My point is to understand why Postfix (on MX backup) store email into mailbox and does not queue them.

It seems to me that the essential parameter is:

/relay_domains = . . . the.backed-up.domain.tld ------------> (server1)/

and then:

mydestination = server2, localhost.server2, localhost

as described on: http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#backup

But nevertheless it does not queue messages but always registers them within INBOX.

I'm using MySQL for:

virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf smtpd_sender_login_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf

And into "virtual_mailbox_domains" also appears in the list the.backed-up.domain.tld So I've change "virtual_mailbox_domains" from MySQL to hash (and postconf it) and excluding "the.backed-up.domain.tld" domain, but with no luck.

Do you know how I could ascertain the reasons of this strange (for me) behavior?

If you like to see my configuration files (main.cf) I've also posted here its two minimal configuration:

SERVER1: https://pastebin.com/wVaqxj2i
SERVER2 (backup MX): https://pastebin.com/2mYBGvCN

and for more:

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf: https://pastebin.com/7Wy1JrAS /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf: https://pastebin.com/jSdX4bTu
/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf: https://pastebin.com/L0eAYxPG
/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf: https://pastebin.com/2vRGFJy7

Please give me a useful suggestion I'm going crazy! :-)

many thanks!

Davide