Of course, it can't actually b this simple. None of this applies if you use
a KeyTable:

Thus, keys referenced by the KeyTable must always be accessible for read by
the unprivileged user.

Those keys are read at first use, not when the daemon starts up. *sigh. I
knew there was something I was forgetting.

--
Harald