Hi,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Wietse Venema wrote:

>  During migration of an inherited mail system I have the situation that I
>  would like to reject certain recipient address _after_ they have been
>  rewritten through the virtual_alias_maps.

 The SMTP daemon acces rules currently do not have access to that
 information. In the things to do, this has high cost and therefore
 low priority.

I see. Bummer. I am pretty sure it would make life easier though...

 If you have a virtual alias that rewrites an address to the spam
 sink, specify that address in the SMTP daemon acces rules instead.

You mean something like "SELECT '554 Spamtrap' FROM routes WHERE dest IN ('spam', 'spam-mails');" in the sql lookup table and then use that as a
check_recipient_access table?

That would work. A bit of a hack though and I think it would only work for virtual aliases with one level of redirection but not for something like i...@example.com -> i...@example.net -> spam-mails.

But I should get most of the problematic entries with that. Thanks for the suggestion.

cheers,
  Andreas