Make sure you're using the /etc/aliases is actually used as your alias_database

root@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ # postconf alias_database
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
root@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ #
Here's mine

root@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ # cat /etc/aliases
# /etc/aliases
mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
nobody: root
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
noc: root
security: root
root: serveur
clamav: root
root@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ #

Check that the map is working correctly :

root@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ # postalias -q mailer-daemon /etc/aliases
postmasterroot@messagerie[10.10.10.19] ~ #

    On Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:18 PM, James Dore <james.d...@new.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

 Hi list,

I recently migrated our mailman server from an old SLES 11 box to Ubuntu
16.04.3 LTS, and installed Mailman from the Ubuntu repositories along with
Postfix and other prerequisites. Mailman itself is working fine, but I have a
handful of regular email aliases in /etc/aliases which do not receive mail, and
when examining the logs, get bounced with a “User unknown” error. What did I
screw up?

(I’ve checked my aliases and they’re good, and I’ve run the newaliases command
numerous times).

Cheers,
James

--