On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 09:02:06PM -0500, zhong ming wu wrote:
> I am getting a dns lookup problem when I move a postfix server inside a
> docker container.  (the sole purpose of this internal server to deliver mail
> for the virtual addresses.  Here are the logs

Please follow http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

Please note that you must not change critical information like DNS
names.

> Nov 11 15:32:22 hog docker/imap-in/trivial-rewrite[112]: warning: connect to
> pgsql server pg.example.com: could not translate host name "pg.example.com"
> to address: Name or service not known?

There is no such entries below example.com by definition, you can check
with dig yourself.

Bastian

--
There's a way out of any cage.
                -- Captain Christopher Pike, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),