Hi,

I have two questions about the “Autoreplies” section in the VIRTUAL_README [1].

If I was setting up auto replies for the virtually hosted domain of
“example.com”, would the correct configuration be:

    /etc/postfix/main.cf

    /etc/postfix/virtual
        u...@example.com u...@example.com,
            u...@example.com@autoreply.example.com

    /etc/postfix/transport
        autoreply.example.com autoreply:

    /etc/postfix/master.cf
        autoreply  unix  -  n  n  -  -  pipe  flags=  user=nobody
            argv=/path/to/autoreply  $sender  $mailbox

Secondly, is there a sample script available ?  I checked the documentation for
pipe(8), master.cf and the default master.cf that ships with Postfix version
3.1.0 and did not see references to a sample script.

Thanks,

- J

Notes:

[1] http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html